Saturday, January 31, 2015

San Pedro--Jan.10, 2015

Hey! 

The weeks are flying by! I got the family Christmas card this week. That is a super great picture. 

This week we had to go on a trip to San Pedro, which is the furthest out area in the mission. We had to go there to get all the furniture and other things from an area that closed down.  It is like a 2 and a half hour drive there. So we got up super early and headed out. It was crazy. I felt like I left this mission for a couple hours. It was nothing like the craziness of Buenos Aires I am used to. We drove for hours through super green fields that seemed to go on forever. It really left me with awe. I love this country so much. I sat there looking out the window in amazement, and the thoughts just kept coming back, "I don't want to leave this place...I don't want to leave." I feel like the luckiest person in the world to be where I am doing what I am doing. 




One huge lesson I have learned from President Ayre is to enjoy life, to always take time for little things to make a memory, and make it a special experience. So after packing everything up in San Pedro, we stopped to take a few pictures. As we were there at this scenic view spot, I started talking with a couple of the people there. They were also from Buenos Aires, close to where we live. They were there visiting for the day. After talking a little with them, we learned that they aren't currently going to any church. They live close to the temple and know several members. They went to a lot of different churches, but never really felt right in the churches they went to. We shared briefly with them about the restoration and testified that this is the truth they had been searching for, and that Heavenly Father guided them to San Pedro and us to San Pedro to share it with them. They were really grateful and interested. So we got their address and will pass the referral onto the Elders there. So we took a picture for them of them 2 together (service that Mom taught me :) ) and went on our way. 

One thing I am learning from experience and from the examples of other amazing missionaries is that my calling and my purpose never change. It never changes, never takes a break, never loses importance, it is ALWAYS my purpose. So it doesn't matter if I am in not in my area, if it is Pday, if I am tired, If I have a million things to do in the office, my purpose is CONSTANT, and it is such a priviledge to constantly do my best to fulfil it. 

So I am working hard. I am loving every day! I love you all so much! Have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment