Saturday, November 15, 2014

How You Serve, Nov.1, 2014

Hola Familia! 

It blows my mind how fast every day and every week is passing by. I was super busy this week. I don't even think I'll have time for P day today, I have so much to do. I love it. It is the greatest feeling knowing that in all I do I am serving Jesus Christ. Even if I am just doing things on a computer most of the time, the things that I am doing help people to come unto Christ. It is such a priviledge. 

We didn't have a ton of time for proselyting this week because there was so much to do in the office and all over the mission. Elder Christofferson is coming here in 2 weeks so I am super busy planning all of that. The Church sent us the guidelines for his visit and it is super interesting all of the specific things we need to do. 


Let's see... one night we were doing a delivery to some Elders. We were on our way home, when we saw blue lights behind us, and heard the sirens of the police. We stopped. I am used to the US when the police man comes up to your window, so we waited. After 30 seconds or so, they yell to us, "get out of the car," As they hide behind their open doors with their hands ready on their guns. We got out, super confused, and then saw relief come to their faces. "Oh, we are so sorry, we didn't know it was you guys."  They went on to explain to us how we had been driving the wrong way on a one way road (which we didn't even know haha. We were just following the GPS). But they told us there was no problem and let us go. It was super funny. 

Last Sunday, we were passing by investigator's houses in the morning to go to church with them. We passed by someone who had commited to go. We arrived and there was a man in the house on the 2nd floor, who stuck his head out the window. We asked for our investigator, and he told us, "uh...she's not here...she left to Paraguay yesterday." (this happens a lot). We told him, "Well, we're pretty sure she's here because we talked with her just last night and she told us to pass by in the morning." He paused..."well... she´s in Paraguay."  and closed the window haha. Then we kept clapping to see if she would come out, finally the same guy came down to knock on her door to tell her. He was speaking louder than he realized, he said, "yeah there are 2 guys here who said they are here to go to church with you...yeah... theres 2....uno es un americano feo (one of them is an ugly american)." hahaha. She didn't go to church, but the man said he might go this next week. 

All the things that happened this week were just office things that aren't too exciting to tell haha, So I am sorry if this letter is boring. There is a quote from an apostle that has truly been coming alive for me recently, "It doesn't matter where you serve, but HOW you serve." I truly am trying to magnify my calling and serve in the best way I can. Sometimes thoughts of being in the field flood my mind, but never without the spirit whispering "this is where you are supposed to be." I may not be testifying of Christ with my words out all the time like I was before, but I can testify of Christ everyday in the way I serve. I have a vision of the good that can be done in this position. There is an opportunity to elevate the vision of retention which can be the difference of a soul in Heaven. I know there is so much good the Lord has prepared for each one of us to do.

I know Christ lives. I love to serve Him. 

Have a super awesome week!


Love,

Elder Heath Tenney

Buenos Airesss

No comments:

Post a Comment