Monday, September 15, 2014

Cecilia se bautiza September 15, 2014

Cecilia's Baptism


Family,
1st of all, the exclamtion point button doesn¨t work and the other marks dont work either. So if something is really exciting, Ill just write "exclamation point" haha. 
This week was a really dfiicult but beautiful week. I love every moment.
Cecilia. This week satan was working a ton on her. He did everything he could to stop her. She had family members telling her that it was too fast and that she couldnt do it. She was doubting...on Friday we had her interview and when we started, she said "Im not going to be baptized this week." We tried to help her see she was ready, but she was determined. We could see she was super stressed and not thinking clearly, so we gave her a blessing. Not much changed. We went through with the interview anyways. I left and Elder Estrada, a good friend from Mexico, did the interview. He was talking with her for 45 minutes...and I was praying. He finished the interview and Cecilia told me, "I-m getting baptized this Sunday." AhHh. I was so happy. She asked if I could baptize her. 
Sunday, the day of the baptism. She was nervous. We entered the warm water, I told her how everything would go. Still nervous, she said "Okay..." Then I lifted my arm to the square, "Cecilia Alicia Acuña Morales, Habiendo sido comisionado por Jesucristo, Yo te bautizo en el nombre del Padre, y del hijo, y del espiritu santo, amen." She came out of the water and didn-t let go of my arm, still had her eyes closed, and began to cry. Afterwards, I asked her how she was feeling, "I feel like I am flying" she told me. 
We are going to cook tacos as a zone so I need to go, but know that we are seeing miracles and working hard. I am determined to rise to a new level of dedication these last 5 months. This time is so precious.
I love you all so much.
Have a great week, exclamation point.
Love,
Elder Tenney

fotos
Cecilia y Raul
Sofia y yo

No comments:

Post a Comment