Monday, March 10, 2014

One More Year to Cherish

From: "Heath Tenney" 
Sent: Monday, March 3, 2014 11:05:42 AM

!Querido Familia! 
I am so grateful for miracles. This week was good. It was an emotional rollercoaster, like most weeks...or days...or lessons. 
Anyways, to start of the week, we were really pumped and excited to complete our goals and continue to improve. How much we have been teaching has been crazy. Then all of a sudden, in the space of 3 days, we lost almost all of our investigators. It was just a wave of Satan being a jerk. The 1st night of planning after losing everyone I was so stressed. It is one of the worst feelings to plan and have NOTHING. I was super stressed, but the next day, we read 2 nephi 4.Where Nephi completely turns all of his trust to the Lord and throws away his doubts and fears. It inspired me and I decided to just trust Him. This work is His so I have no reason to stress, I just need to let Him do His work through me. After reading that I was filled again with fire. Even though the week was still hard and we didn't have the same success as past weeks, we did the work of the Lord, and we saw miracles. 
1st of all MABEL CAME BACK! I dont know if you remember Mabel who was baptized 3 months ago, but fled to Paraguay before being confirmed? yeah, well she came back this week! We heard from her niece that she was back and we went to visit her. When we came by, she had her Book of Mormon in hand. I was so excited to see her. She still has the purest desire to follow Christ. We talked with our leaders and prayed, and she is going to be baptized (again) this Saturday and then be confirmed on Sunday! I am so excited for her. It will be strange however to have 2 baptism pictures haha. 
On Sunday, we invited Juan to come early to church to welcome people with us. He came ready, dressed in his own white shirt and tie, SO happy to be able to greet people. Everyone was much more excited to see Juan waiting for them rather than just the elders. haha It was so great. He adds so much joy to the ward.
Later, we had a lesson with Omar, who I have been teaching on and off for practically all my time in Benavidez (4 months). Several weeks ago I was thinking about Omar. We had already basically taught everything...he still wanted to meet with us, but wasnt reading the Book of Mormon, and I was really feeling like he needed something different. Every time we passed by we would teach him something or read a scripture, and it helped but I really felt there was something more he needed. As I was thinking about him, and the thought came that we needed to teach differently, with videos. We followed that and it was SO inspired. He was so focussed and eager to watch the mormon messages we began to show him and use to teach him. He started coming to church again, praying again, and even reading the Book of Mormon with his wife. On Saturday we watched with him the video of the baptism of Christ, it really touched him. Then Yesterday, he told us he wants to be baptized NOW! Omar is going to be baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday on my last day (most likely) in Benavidez. MIRACLES!!!! I couldn't stop smiling as he said the closing prayer. Ahh. Pure joy. He has to stop smoking before Wednesday, so please pray for him! 
I am doing so well. Even when there is stress or other problems, nothing takes away the deep joy that I feel from serving Jesus Christ. If we just seek the guidance of the spirit in everything, our lives and our service will overflow with miracles. We have to pray for the eyes to see them and we will!
I love this work so much. One more year has never seemed so short. I'm going to treasure it.

Have a wonderful week! I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Heath Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment