Monday, August 18, 2014

La fe procede el milagro Aug.4, 2014



Aug. 4, 2014

Querida familia,

I can't believe Garrett and Jamisyn get married this week. That is crazy. I am so happy for you both! I knew you could do it, Garrett! ;)

Ah, this week was awesome. The miracles blow me away. God is so good. I know His miracles are real, and the faith always precedes the miracles. 

I have so much to improve, but I can honestly say I gave everything this week. I am becoming more and more consecrated and with that I am loving every moment even more, and seeing more miracles. 
Sooo the miracles of the week... First of all, the young men in this ward are good kids, but never really have desires to work with us. One of them, David, told me he wasn't planning on going on a mission. For the first few weeks here I asked them every Sunday when they could go out with us this week. The answer was always, "I'm not sure right now, but I will call you and let you know..." or simply "I can't."  haha. So I stopped asking them and just loved them. I asked how they were doing every Sunday and talked about their week. After several months of not asking them and just loving them, David began to ask questions about the mission and how it is. We had lunch with him and his family several times. Then finally, this week he came out with us! 

As we were walking with him, he said hello to one of his friends from school, Daiana. So we started talking with her and we taught her. She is super great. Both her and her mother want to be baptized. She came to church this Sunday! It was such a miracle that just when we were passing by with David, she was outside. David was our miracle, and he felt it too. The next day at church he was talking to the other young men telling them how they should go out with us too. As we were talking he even mentioned how he plans to work for a year after graduating so he can save up for his mission. MILAGROS!!! 

We found so many new people this week who are going to progress. I wish I could tell you all the miracles...

This week, the family of Lautaro called us. They told us that Lautaro's mom wanted him to move back with him, and that he was moving to another city to live with his mom again. I asked how Lautaro was doing and they told me he was crying because he didn't want to leave. My heart hurt so much for him... I love this kid so much. Sunday came, and when we got to church, Lautaro was there! We asked what had happened. Lautaro, who is 10 years old came to church alone from the house of his mom which is 30 minutes away on the bus... he makes me cry every week... He is incredible. I pray I can have as much faith as he does one day. 

I can't believe I only have 6 months left... I was thinking and praying this week about how I can love the mission even more. What I felt this week through experience is that you love the mission even more when you love the people even more. I love these people so much. I almost can't contain it. I go to bed thinking of them. I wake up thinking of them. In every moment I just want to be doing something that helps these people. They inspire me. I love my brothers and sisters here. I love my mission. 

Garrett and Jamisyn, I love you both so much. I will be thinking and praying for you this week! 

Have a Celestial week! 

Love,

Elder Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment