Thursday, January 23, 2014

¡Una Tormenta de MILAGROS!

From: "Heath Tenney" 
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 11:25:55 AM
Subject: ¡Una Tormenta de MILAGROS!

¡Hola familia y amigos amados!
¡Hola familia y amigos amados!
 
Argentina is super hot and super humid. And super great. This week was incredible. It seems like the miracles come in waves...I think we're always receiving waves of miracles, but we don't always notice them. But this week it was a TSUNAMI of MIRACLES! It was incredible! I don't even know where to start...
We have seen miracles this week from following our mission president's counsel to "gather Israel" when we teach people. Meaning to invite everyone there to join with us, family, neighbors, random people on the street, everyone. We did that this week and it was amazing to see the miracles that came. We gathered Israel with our investigator Gustavo, and we met his wonderful Sisters, brother, and parents. We taught them all together. Teaching them made me so happy. There is something so special about teaching families, because really that is what this is all about. I was teaching them about the restoration and as I was speaking, looking them in the eyes, it was as if time stopped for a moment. I could see them each looking attentively into my eyes, almost on the edge of their chairs, together as a family, learning the glorious truth that Jesus Christ is leading His church here on the earth today. Ahh, it filled me with so much gratitude and humbled me. I almost questioned to myself, "woah, this is weird, why are they all listening and looking so attentively to me?" but they weren't listening to me, or looking to me, they were listening to the spirit and looking to the Savior, because I really wasn't doing anything. That is one of the most beautiful things in the world, families looking to the Savior together.
So many other miracles happened. We found so many new investigators to teach. We were guided to be in exactly the right spot at exactly the right time. We were walking down the street and a woman stopped us, "excuse me, you are elders aren't you?" she asked us. "Sorry to bother you, but I have been seeing you two everywhere and I told myself if I saw you again I would say something. But I lived with a family who are members of yor church and I went with them. I don't know how it works, but I want to be taught, go to church, and one day get baptized." I couldn't stop smiling afterwards because I was in shock of what just happened haha. Her name is Natalia. She came to church with her baby girl yesterday. She sat down, and at the time there were no members there, but when Hermana G came, without us even saying anything, she went and sat down next to Natalia and talked to her, helped her with the baby, and to sing the hymns. It meant so much. Members like that are miracles.
Later in the week, a little thought came to my mind to pass by a less active family we had passed by many times before, but no one was home before, we did it, and found Vanessa and her 4 sons who she wants to be baptized and serve missions! It seemed everywhere we went there was someone there just waiting to be invited, who didn't even know they were waiting.
Really, the only reason for miracles, these many children of God who felt His love, is obedience. It is not because of our talents or luck. When we are obedient, when we are just a "good boy" or "good girl" as Elder Bednar puts it, we are guided by Him, by the Savior. If we are clean and pure, we are worthy to be tools in HIS hands. And that happened this week, I cannot explain how we just happened to pass by at the exact moment when prepared people were at the houses of members, I can't explain why we went where we went, but I know that we were guided there by the Lord. This work is His work. All we have to do is just be clean and obedient, and I know that He will guide us (whether we realize we are being guided or not) and use us as tools in His hands to do good. We really do nothing, He is everything.
 
I know that my Redeemer lives.
 Yo sè que vive mi Señor. Èl es esta obra. Milagros son la evidencia de su mano en esta obra. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.
I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!
 
Love,
 
Elder Heath Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment