Monday, September 9, 2013

Feeling Blessed


Sept. 9, 2013

Hello friends!
I don't even know exactly where to start. We have been SO blessed by the Lord this week. I really feel like Ammon in Alma 26, I feel SO grateful for the great things the Lord has done for us this week, but "I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God..."
One day, we had like 30 minutes, so we decided to go find people to help by tracting. As I looked at the map, I really had a prayer in my heart to be guided, then this street came to mind and we went there. We went there and found 3 people in 30 minutes! We found a woman who had just finished going through Chemo, lost her husband 3 months earlier, and doesn't have a ton of direction. We found a man named Jim, who isn't really happy with the church he is going to, and feels like he needs something more. And we found one other woman who's family is struggling and said a prayer with her. It was amazing. The spirit is EVERYTHING. All we have to do as missionaries is just LISTEN and ACT on the spirit! If we do that, we will see miracles! I am SO grateful for the spirit.

This week we drove all the way down to St. Henry to meet with Gonzalo. It was a big gamble, because his phone number didn't work and we didn't know if he could meet with us. It's like a 45 minute drive and our miles are limited. We have the biggest area in the mission and our miles got cut for this month haha. So it really was a gamble, but after praying about it, we went. We got to Gonzalo's house and I talked with him for a few minutes, but he said they couldn't meet with us tonight. Afterwards my mind initially went "Hmmm....", but then the spirit reminded me we were there for a reason! So we went to work! I looked at my planner and we had a couple streets lined up as backups, again we were inspired which street to go to. Then we went there and at the very 1st door, we meet this really cute little kid, he runs and gets his dad. Then his dad comes out. He says, "Hey! I saw those white shirts and knew exactly who you were! I'm glad to see those white shirts again." His name is Daniel. He moved here from the Marshall islands. He was baptized when he was there, but didn't even know there was an LDS church here. So we talked with him and invited him back to church. Yet another miracle, we had a Marshallese Book of Mormon in our trunk. So we gave it to him and invited him to read it with his family. So crazy. He was excited to come! What a miracle! The Lord planned out every little detail of that happening. One that we were in St. Henry; two we knew which street to tract; three, he was home because he took this day off (which he never does). and lastly that we had a Marshallese Book of Mormon in our trunk! I didn't even know what that was before my mission!
We are finding more and more brothers and sisters prepared by Heavenly Father. This work really cannot be stopped. It may take time and it definitely takes diligence, but Heavenly Father is changing hearts everyday, we just have to find them and help them.
Almost every night I pray for the members of the branch here to have spiritual experiences and to be excited about missionary work. I pray for them to be protected and pray for the well being of the branch in general. I also have asked you all to pray for them (and thank you SO much for that). We saw more miracles this week in answer to our prayers. In Priesthood meeting at church yesterday, when they asked for missionary experiences people have had, man after man stood up and shared some type of experience they had this week to share their beliefs. For 20 minutes, we listened to all the different missionary experiences. I didn't realize it right away, but that is a miracle. I can hardly type this without tears falling from my eyes. This branch is changing before our eyes.
It is a miracle. I don't want the meaning to be lost by saying it so much. Every time I type that word I mean it for exactly what it is. Like the Bible Dictionary says, they are " they are powers or mighty works, because they are the acts of One who is almighty... the natural results of the Messiah’s presence among men; they are wonders, marvels,..." They are real.
There are wonders happening before our eyes here. It truly is proof that Jesus is the Christ.
I feel just like Ammon:
" 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
This is true.
I love you all! Have a wonderful week and thank you SO much for your prayers for me and the St. Marys branch. They never go unanswered or unfelt.
Love,
Elder Heath Tenney 

No comments:

Post a Comment