Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Diligencia trae los Milagros!


September 3, 2013

Dear Family,
This week was insane. I don't have a ton of time, I wish I could tell you about each of the miracles that we witnessed this week. There are so many! We really prayed and looked for ways to be more obedient this week, then did it. And blessings were falling like the dew from Heaven.
 
So 1st of all, we stopped by a potential investigator who we had stopped by like 3 times before, and it seemed like he really wasn't that interested because he kept telling us, "Not today" or would forget whenever we had an appointment. But I felt guided to try again, so we stopped by Kenneth's place, and he let us in. We had a great lesson with him and his girlfriend. They want to increase their faith. They just don't know how. They are scared and have personal doubts. I felt so much love for them. It is one of the most joyous things to say, when you can look them in the eyes, and say, "The Gospel of Jesus Christ will help you." Not just saying it out of habit or because it was a thought coming to mind. But saying it, bearing testimony of it, KNOWING it! Then we invited them to a baptism that was on Saturday and they were so excited to come!
It was so exciting for me to see a change in Elder Gorringe. His first week here, we were mostly tracting, with not a ton of success. We taught a few lessons, but after this lesson. He just lit up. You could see it in his countenance, he was happy to be a missionary. He was so excited and happy. It inspired me. I want to be like that after every lesson, so happy and grateful to have people to help. He was already asking, "So when they get baptized, who is going to baptize them?" hahaha. We have a lot more to worry about before we worry about that. But it was great. He's excited.
Next miracle. This week we drove out to St. Henry to visit a former investigator family from Mexico. The record said that they lost contact and didn't think they were interested or something, but we stopped by anyways. So we went there and met Brother M! They let us right in and we met their daughters, who speak English, but he and his wife only speak Spanish. We had a great lesson with him talking about our purpose and relating to him the story of Joseph Smith and the similarities between his questions and Joseph's questions. He said we could come back! The gift of tongues is so real. The 1st few sentences he said just sounded like "hjdhmmmmmm mmmmmm sjhhhhh   mmmmm"...So naturally, I just nodded my head and said, "Oh...Si...Si" But then I started praying and it came. But so now we have a Spanish speaking investigator family! In every Spanish lesson I teach, I always leave feeling the spirit so strongly. Not just because of the lesson, but because I can feel it, I can feel the power that was working within me. It's not me at all. So much joy.
Then we had this random phone call from a man from Illinois, who lived here 25 years ago, but he had a friend who was sick, who he wanted to give a blessing to with us. It was such a cool experience hearing this man bear his sincere testimony to his dear friend.
Lastly, then on Saturday, we went with Bro. R (the most helpful member ever) to pick up Kenneth and Linda for the baptism. We get there, knock. And no one answers...knock again...no answer. So that plan failed. haha. No baptism. Then the thought came, "call Dustin." (Dustin is an investigator who has been meeting with missionaries for years. He is such a great guy and knows it is all true, he just needs to commit.) So I called him, then he said he could go, even though he only had 2 hours of sleep. So we were able to go to the baptism with him. It was great. Then we had a powerful lesson on baptism afterwards and he accepted the invitation to be baptized. He said, "I know I need to. I think it's about time."
MIRACLES! Ahh! They are so real. If we just do what the Lord wants, and work our hearts out for him, he will guide our paths and others. He will bless us with miracles.
These are only a few of the miracles we saw this week. I wish I could tell you about all of them. I testify that miracles are real. God does have a hand in our lives, even more than we realize. I am so grateful and honored to be a part of the miracle that is sweeping the entire earth right now.
 
I love you all so much! I hope you are having a great week! Please keep the St. Marys branch in your prayers!
 
LOVE YOU!
 
 
Love,
 
Elder Heath Tenney

No comments:

Post a Comment